Thread: Timing
View Single Post
Old Tue, December 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
well...might as well get all the knowledge i can. If someone orders a custom premium fuel tune..do they have to manually set the timing with the Gryphon, or is it wrote into the program already? Premium is down to 1.20/litre here now...so i might be investing in a 91 perf tune
The timing advance IS written into the tune you ask for. But, you might find you could change it to your advantage if your driving conditions change for a while. For instance, if you have a tune written for 91 octane and suddenly you find yourself in a place where they only sell 93 octane, you'd want to advance the timing some. Same would be true if you traveled to and stayed at some high altitude area for a while. You might get better performance with a small advance in timing.

I've left my timing settings alone on the two tunes I have though. I once tried advancing it by only 0.25 degrees (or whatever is the smallest amount) and I got a poor, drifting idle as a result.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer