View Single Post
Old Tue, November 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

Oil weight is one thing, brand is a different story. Say if company A said you had to use their oil and filters for warranty to be valid they they would either have to supply you with the parts to do the work or do the work themselves. I use MC FL 1995 filters because I can get them readily easy and cheap. I use Mobil Delvac 1300 Super because its what we used in our class 8 truck with good results. I change my oil every 5,000 miles or 6 months. I got roughly 4,000 miles on this change and you can pull the dipstick and still read the markings through the oil. I am in the process of hooking up a 92 gallon tank and will delete my fuel bowl and run a twin filter/water separator set up. The stock fuel filter is rated at 7 microns and my dual set up is a 10-2. I will also end up doing a bypass filter for the oil down to 2 micron.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown