Thread: SOI?
View Single Post
Old Sat, December 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I am curious as to why you would be skeptical of anything coming from the data bus? I mean, with the exception of SOI which depends a LOT on the mechanical relationship between the crankshaft and the CPS, why would you assume that any of the data form the bus is invalid? You're seeing exactly what the PCM is seeing. The PCM doesn't fudge the numbers it sends you.

As for the SOI, I don't think there are ANY scantools that offer that parameter because it's not a PID.
I guess I really don't have a valid reason for not trusting the data. I think it stems from a few different sources dating back almost a decade. I haven't datalogged or scanned a 7.3L for almost 6 months. I may have confused the scan tool timing data on a Duramax.

I apologize for causing a stink and possibly throwing out some bad information.