View Single Post
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

hayjayhorses is on a distinguished road

I am shure an adaptor can be built, what do you think of the Programmable Electronic Automatic Transmission Controller by PCS.

I am running a 2000 f550 4x4 7.3 4.88. I hate the 4R100 because the ratios are so far apart, and it is tthe first automatic I have had in a truck the only thing it is good for is sleep driving. I spend a lot of time above 2500 rpm because of wide ratios, is there any way to make the tranny hold overdrive so it won't down **** when I have foot in to it on a hill??

I rebuilt the 4R100 with a low stall billet converter, heavy duty clutches, shift kit, elimnated the PWM. It is a better tranny then stock but it still no a manual. I have a 2001 f350 (parts truck) with a rebuilt 2 wd zf 6 speed and on old 205 gear on gear divorced transfercase the I am looking to put in my F550. I aslo will put want to put higher gears in it. my F350 with the zf 6 had 3.73 and they were nice.

I have read a lot of your coments on this forum sounds like "flatbed installer" is a waste of your knowledge.

Last edited by hayjayhorses; Fri, December 25th, 2009 at 01:24 PM.