Thread: Exhaust
View Single Post
Old Mon, December 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad00 View Post
That is great info!! Thanks so much. I have researched these 2 and had narrowed it down before your answers. What would you suggest?: buy the muffler and let the muffler shop put the pipes in or buy the whole cat back and install myself. It does not look very hard and have access to a welder if needed for the tips.
Yes you can buy just the muffler and have an exhaust shop do the piping.
Try to find exhaust shops that use mandrel benders.
The other thing is I don't know if its a big deal or not but your stock exhaust is stainless steel. If you do go with a shop they are going to probably install aluminized tubing which will only last 2-5 years depending on where you live.
Going to a shop with a muffler and tips already bought you can save youself some money over the price of a kit.

Now my friend runs an exhaust shop and charges $75 to install exhaust kits.

I did my truck with 2 different kits, didn't like the sound of the first kit and yes they are pretty easy to do by yourself but you need some skills and sometimes the kits need tweeking or hangers added/relocated.

I would just go start getting prices at 2 or 3 shops and keep in mind what the kits cost.
Just remember both the kits I gave you links to are full stainless steel kits with mandrel bends.