View Single Post
Old Mon, December 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Whopper Junior

Ke5fuj is on a distinguished road
Default PCM Calibration code

Hi. I found this site while lookign for a solution to my PCM problem. i know you guys work with perfoemance but i was hoping you could answer a queations or two i have about the PCMs.

I have a 2007 F150 with a 2006 5.4L factory motor with 2006 PCM. the Dealer and local mechanic both think its the computer that has the problems but we cant replace it because the cluster and the computer are not both the original parts from this truck. Which means that they are not both programmed to operate together properly. and this is why we are having problems. the dealer says they cant program it because they dont know what the original Calibration code was on the original computer. this code is supposed to make a lot of thing work right. unfortunately i cant order a new computer and be done with it because they need the original calibration code to make it work.

the question i have is how do i go about finding out what the original calibration code was on the original computer? that way i can order another one. OR can i reprogram the existing computer completely to make it all work?
I figured since this guy Bill that i'm reading about is a wiz at these computers, maybe he can help me. the dealer and my mechanic are both stumped. but if you know the folks at any of the dealers around here, you would know that they arent the brightest crayon in the box. when my truck went ininitially to have the computer programmed for the original keys, they sid there was nothing else wrong. but i am getting check engine lights and the wrench all the time and the truck wont hardly run at that point.

i've been working on this problem for over 6 months now. anything is greatly appreciated.
thanks
Isaac