Thread: Econ Tune
View Single Post
Old Mon, January 11th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
Jack,

You're a little over my head on the upshift/downshift etc. Could you elaborate a little more on that. Also, I'm getting better mpg's 14-16.5 with my towing tune than with my performance tune 11-13/14. Don't get me wrong the performance tune is awesome for what its designed to do. Just wanted to see if there was something else I could do to squeeze out 18-20. Some of these guys with 35s are getting better than I do.... just seeing if its wishful thinking .
He is referring to using the custom options menu to lower what MPH markers make the truck shift when your not at WOT. You can lower all of those points causing the truck to shift in a lower RPM (saving gas). The torque converter is pretty much the same. I bet your getting better mileage with the towing tune because you didn't regear after putting on 35s. The truck is needing more torque to turn them.
Next time you are going drive go into the custom options and lower all of the shift points (you can leave the 1-3 gear converter points alone, just lower the 4th gear). And make sure you leave about 10 minutes reprogram. The changes in shift points take a while to program, just in case you cut it close on getting to work.
..Oh and when you do that, lower both your up shift and down shift points so they match up. I'm not quite sure what'll happen if you dont but lets not find out.