View Single Post
Old Tue, January 12th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Whopper aka STANK FOOT

RUSTY2STUFF is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Thanks for the input.

Tunes are canned. I am puzzled also. My next question was gonna be where could the smell be coming from? My guess would be from the engine compartment out to the air intake for the heat/ac. That leads to what is actually causing the smell? Something burning, but what? Odd!

I drove to work this morning with the performance tune and the drone is much better, but not gone and the smell was not nearly as bad, but more noticeable when the drone is present. When I installed the CAI (prior to the Gryphon) the drone, performance & drivability got better over time, but never any smell. I believe the pcm adjusted for drone. The drone was almost gone. Is drone more likely to be caused by a lean or rich condition?

Just food for thought:

If the tow tune is richer why would the smell and drone be worse than the performance tune and stock?

I also know there is disagreement on the CAI here, but my previous experience with intakes on motorcycles leads me to believe in them. It’s not just a matter of maximum airflow at wide open throttle. I used to tune street and race bikes (rice burners) before they were fuel injected and different intake shapes, sizes, configurations all effect performance and drivability.
A little of subject, I know. I will start a new post with my thoughts on the subject when I have more time.

If I sound like an argumentative jerk I don’t mean to. Just looking for input.

Again Thanks a Bunch,
You guys are the best