View Single Post
Old Thu, February 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Whopper

Smokewagun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Smoke - you keep getting a new truck every year! Is your new one a KR or is it something else?

You may want to hold out for the CS or CTS programmer, which PHP will also sell (with custom tunes). I think that's the basket Edge is putting their eggs into anyway, so I doubt they're in a huge rush to upgrade the older Evolutions.

- Jack
My new one is a Lariat. I wish it was a King Ranch, though. I had the best of intentions to run that truck a few years (of course by now it would have close to 85k on it), but I was forced out of it due to some travel trailer weight issues. Off to a 2008 F-350 6.4L I went. Then, our new trailer fell apart, which left us with no choice but to make a change. Now, we are back to a light (5,500#) travel trailer, and this new 2010 should be perfect with the Max Tow. Now, I have to work on stopping the high mileage.

I'm going to try to run this truck to about 80k. That should get me to late Spring of 2011. Fingers are crossed. I hate to wait while racking up mileage only for a display and another $200. I do like gadgets, though. What are your thoughts on benefits of the CS or CTS? Do you think a CTS sitting on a dash is desirable to some would-be thieves passing by? I hate to get into removing it every time I park, like a plug 'n play Sirius unit or portable GPS. What do you think?