Thread: Your First Car?
View Single Post
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 01:39 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Awwww, that is NICE! Just don't make 'em like that anymore.

I miss my dad's 77 F-250. It was the first truck I ever saw on 44's and did it ever look good.

As for my first? 1977 Malibu Classic (before they went to the square body style) with a 305, Turbo 350, and Firethorn Metallic Red. The 305 was rated at a scorching 140 bhp for that year. With a 2.73 rear gear, that thing would barely get out of its own way, much less ever break the tires loose.

It eventually gave way to my 1972 Chevelle which was probably one of my most favorite cars. Metallic Blue with blue interior and lo-back bucket seats with full console shifter. It had a sorry, worn-out 307 when I got it. Budgets being what they were, I rebuilt the 307 with a set of high compression 11.25:1 pistons, 2.02 heads, 280 cam, Hooker Super Comps through FlowMasters, Edelbrock Performer intake and an 800 Holley Spreadbore carb (which was a pain in the a$$ to jet because of the cam). Rebuilt the Turbo 350 tranny with a full-on shift kit that actually shifted so hard it broke the welds on the right axle tube where it was pressed into the differential pumpkin. Never broke an axle though! A 12-bolt, 3.42 gear rear end out of an Olds Cutlass slipped right in and launch problems were solved. I wish I still had pictures of it, but some things never make it in the divorce.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!