View Single Post
Old Sun, February 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

UPDATE:
Just talked to my mom who has also had it happen when she was hauling hay and when the engine shuts off so does ALL electrical (including the A/C and stuff) then the battery light starts blinking. I just didn't notice because it was during the day and we had the radio off.

The reason he doesn't want to take it to a shop is because of bad experiences. He drove a 6.0L PSD for the utility company and it lasted a while until something simple went out. Soon that truck was spending more time in the shop than on the street...including injectors needing to be replaced every 4-6 weeks.

We also have a family friend who took her truck in to get the cruise control recall fixed and they came up to her with over a dozen deep engine parts from HER truck in a 5 gallon bucket saying she needed to replace them. And the best part is that she didn't authorize any of that.

Yeah we dont like the shops and dealerships around here. Tomorrow he will be getting a repair manual and a code scanner and do it himself. He just wanted me to ask to make sure and I knew that at least somebody on here would know whats going on.