View Single Post
Old Tue, March 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

I just got my Pheonix recently. I have been through one tank of fuel with it and I can say that my mileage was the same as without it, BUT I was running the truck a lot harder than usual because I was playing with the chip. SO, I would think that I would be able to get an increase of some sort if I can go back to driving like normal, but that's hard to do with the extra power.

One thing I will add, especially since I understand that money is tight at 17, is that it would really be smart for you to get gauges FIRST. Trust me, if you get the chip and run it without gauges you have no idea what your truck is doing, and you could EASILY end up having to spend a lot more money to fix a broken motor or transmission. I can easily get EGTs upwards of 1400 degrees in 100 Perf and I would never know that without my gauges. I am leaving tonight for my first tow with the chip and am looking forward to seeing how much the tow tunes help out, but again, would NOT do it without gauges.

Good luck.

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel