View Single Post
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITY View Post
That is basically what I am going to try and do except my new question was what do I do with the O2 sensors. There will be 2 different tunes but you cant really tune one with O2 sensors and the other with out. Now what I am trying to figure out is if you relocate the O2 sensors before the exhaust cutouts will I need to modify the O2s or can I just leave them. 2 different exhaust set ups are not really a common thing for a tuner to have to tune for. At least 2 "quick" exhaust changes. Not just an "unbolt this one and put on a completely new one". I guess it really just depends on how sensitive the O2 sensors are and how effected they will be.
If he is making 2 different tunes, the first will be as if the truck had a regular exhaust system and the second would be if the truck was straight piped from the headers. If you straight pipe the exhaust the O2 sensor is going to go crazy anyway if you were to leave it in there. You could probably relocate the sensor to be after the bypass. Whenever you open or close the bypass you switch tunes.