View Single Post
Old Sun, March 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Bacon King

mmandley is on a distinguished road
Default Engine Rev Limiter at 3K

Hey guys been a while since i was here. Enjoyed all last summer with our new boat and the new Gryphon. Man what a great tuner thanks Bill for all your hard work when we got this first installed.

It ran great all summer pulling my boat. 21.5ft Moomba LSV Wakeboard boat.

I recently have noticed something strange maybe you can help me out.

Problem: Performance mode. Just the truck no boat. 87 Octane. JLT Ram AIr kit. Flowmaster 3inch duel exhaust.

Truck ran perfect till recently, happens at 3K or 4.3K RPM

If im at a slow speed and stomp the gas, right around 3K in first gear it will act as if i hit the rev limiter and kill the engine for a split second. Then the power comes back and it goes right to read line.

If im going say 20mph and hit the gas hard it will do this same action around 4.3

I am wondering if im hitting a lean condition?

No Engine codes not at least that i can see. Passed the emission test last month with there computer they plug in.
No smoke
No other issues.

Act's just like a rev limiter kicking in.

It will do this in tow mode two but i hate mashing my throttle in tow mode as it lights up my 285/65/18s and at 1500 bucks i don't like wasting rubber.

Any ideas you guys can give me to look at?
Running the truck with out a tune is not an option as Bill said my Ram Air intake will run really lean and damage my engine. Right now i just baby the truck in first and keep her under 3K.

One last thing, i can baby her all the way to red line, this is a WOT throttle problem. As in it only happens at WOT

Thanks guys.

08 F350 Crew Cab Lariat Edition 4x4 6.4L Twin Turbo Diesel