Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Here are a few things to look into. I don't know where you're from, but as far as federal emissions trucks go, if your truck is an automatic (and has a DPC-202 PCM), have Bill get you the TDE1 file. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on the actual code for your truck. You'll end up with the same dismal transmission operation that you have now. Certain companies will ask you for your actual PCM code and you will regret it. Others automatically give you the better stuff based soley off of the year, CA or federal emissions, and transmission type.

Now that I'm done ranting there, you mentioned a few Super Duty trucks in there as well. Talk to Bill and he'll probably have some great advice on which files to use for those trucks.

Manual-equipped trucks aren't nearly as picky with their PCM code cross-breeding.

As far as definitions go, there are a TON!! However, there are only about 8-10 that are ever needed for the 95-03 7.3s. Usually people doing the tuning have a favorite base file for each manual/automatic for 95-97, Early 99, 99.5-01, and 02-03.....unless there are some Califor nazi uh specific calibrations you need.
Cody pretty much covered it.

I like to see the gauges come first . I have allot of customers that want the power but pay no attention to being able to monitor what the engine is doing.

Tuning is addicting. Lol.