View Single Post
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Double Whopper

Mark_123 is on a distinguished road

So I found this 12" piece of 3" black rubber-coated flexible PVC used for fish ponds (that was a mouthfull) Anyway, I removed the snorkel, inserted the 3" pipe into the intake, then inserted the other end through the first fender wall hole and into the second fender hole. I heated the end of the pipe in hot water to make it more pliable before pushing it into the fender. I then used a black worm clamp to seal the 3" pipe in the intake leading to the engine. Overall....I'm impressed!

I had the snorkel off for a few days just letting it breath the engine bay air. The intake air temp (IAT) seemed to always be at least 10 degrees higher than ambient temp while driving. Of course, if the truck was stopped at a red light, the IAT may go to 30-50 degrees higher than outside air temp (OAT). So now with the little extension added on, the IAT=OAT while driving. Pretty cool if you ask me. I can post photos when the snow melts and the temp climbs back up (currently 20 F). Thanks to all for your ideas and pics!!!

Mark