View Single Post
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Whopper

Tuscany FTX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I suspect that part of the performance loss is the fact that we have to put the camshaft timing profile back to stock for CAIs so they don't drone like hell.

As for the tires, we're looking at a difference of 22-24 rev/mile... not a horrible change. At least not like switching to 35's or something like that. The fact that his performance is *THAT* off leads me to thing there may be something else going on with the vehicle outside of what tuning will be able to improve. If he's getting only in the 12's for 0-60, something simply isn't right. Even a bone stock struck should be getting in the 8-9 second range.

Lee,

One thing I'm curious about... do you still have the stock airbox? If so, it would be interesting to see if it makes any difference in the way the truck performs. If not... then you don't.

I can restore the camshaft profile to see if that helps pick up the power that you lost but it may cause the airbox to drone. Let me know if that' something you'd like to try.

Take care.
Hi Bill,
I did what you suggested and put the stock intake box back on the truck. I like how the truck feels and runs with it. I will NOT be putting the Banks Ram Air back on it. Even though the truck seems to run better with the stock box, it was even slower with the 0-60 time. I got a 13.6s with the stock box and 12.8s with the Banks CAI. So for now I will not be running a CAI, unless you have one you recommend!! Thanks,