View Single Post
Old Wed, April 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Diesel View Post
Im getting tired of all the bashing going on on these forums about how i got my ficm tuned and now it skips..
Georgia, you come across sort of harsh... take a breath man. I hope nothing I've said has been misconstrued as 'bashing' through these forums, that's never been my intent, I've just been patiently awaiting some responses or a reflash availability... but here's my thought...to be fair, you might listen to my end.

I agree that the skipping problem is directly a result of sticking injectors that's a given, and that's why Ford has created the inductive heat strategies. Now here's my point of view and where I'm coming from, the PHP tuned FICM was advertised as having a 'hybrid inductive heat strategy' which most anyone out there would believe is similar or equivalent to the Ford IH strategies. Thus, some one like me, average joe with a 6.0, who has a truck that runs great on a Ford FICM, should expect a similar result with the tuned FICM with the IH strategy it is advertied as having. No where on the site has it been advertised that 'Trucks that require I/H strategy will not run well with our tuned FICM'.

I see few potential paths (and these are only my thoughts/opinions).
1) PHP advertises that the tuned FICMs do not provide an IH strategy that works for all, and give fair warning to customers that if they have poor injectors, they will be unhappy or expect start issues.
2) PHP comes up with a FICM strategy that helps those that need it, and in the end, perhaps it is an option on the order form wether or not you order a FICM tune with or without IH strategy enabled. Let the customer chose. If I burn up a FICM, I won't cry, I'll likely fix it myself.

Again, I'm not bashing, I'm not crying, I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone, or Bill. I'm just saying what I see from my point of view, and waiting for a strategy that works for me. In fact, despite the intial issues I had w/ my FICM, I've continued on ordering an Gryphon w/ custom tunes from PHP. I have no doubt about Bill or his work!

Regards,
Eric Brust
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback