Thread: zero volt ficm
View Single Post
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road

After brand new FICM an program, 8 new relays, and tons of sweat an tears, i just now got it running, it ended up being the MPR wire going into the FICM broke loose from the plug. It was in there so i didnt see it broken so i took all tape off and messed around an heard relay clicking on/off. soldered wire back in and all was good like nothing happened. Now i have to sell my other FICM since it works and i bought the new one from ford with no return policy.

The code, if its a Non Compatable FICM code then yes i got that one also. PHP and Swamps said its normal, its because the FICM has tuning on it that isnt the same as originally with PCM. I did run the 58v mod but didnt notice anything so took it off, especially since everyone on the diesel garage in swamps hot FICM thread were speaking about so many things needing to be built up in the FICM for longetivity.

I appreciate all your help, an if you come across anyone who needs a programmed FICM let me know.
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit