View Single Post
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 09:13 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Your truck is very similar to mine Lars. Possibly you have different tires, mine are 275/65R18s, and, I have the bed cap that adds to wind resistance and 200+ pounds of weight.

I get in the mid 15s in highway mpgs, closer to 14 in Tucson, which doesn't have a lot of stop lights where I'm driving it. My trailer is a low profile type for towing (check my galleries), but it does weigh 3600# and it brings my mpgs down to the neighborhood of 12.5 when I pull it at 65mph. However, I have gotten as high as the mid 14s pulling it, again, in different states, at higher altitudes where the gas is 86 or 85 octane. And, like you I didn't notice if it was E10 or not. I DO know, though, the gas I use here IS E10.

This has been a good discussion. I think you've brought up points that add to our understanding of why fuel economy seems to vary so much among our members.

- Jack