View Single Post
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Whopper

speotter is on a distinguished road
Default Hard Start FICM?

I have an 2003 Excursion with a 6.0. I have had hard starting for a couple of months and then it just dies. I replaced the glow plugs, GPCM and thought I had resolved the problem, when it died on the road. I could nurse it along at 20 MPH or so and got back home. I took the fuel pump center apart and the fuel swith fell apart in my hand. I replaced the fuel pump, even though I had just replaced all the filters, and it started right up. I was about 45 minutes down the road and the truck dies again.

I pull the FICM and the power harness plug ( there are a power and 2 injector plugs behind the FICM) falls aprts. I replace the plug (not the harness and this harness is tight what a pain) and 2 wires break and have to repair those. I reinstall the FICM and nothing.

I presume that the harness and maybe the FICM need replacing. I was going to pull the FICM and try the solder fix from the dieselstop.com forum, but I thought I would post here. I fiured that if I had to replace the FICM, I would see if PHP could reflash the FICM rather than the FORD flash. However, I am running a Banks 6 gun.

Help... I need my truck.

Ford wants almost $500 for the harness and $800 for the FICM.

SCOTT