View Single Post
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caforddude View Post
hmmm..That gives me hope of a computer glitch? simple fix... Did you run for any length of time on the stock program before going back to the 87 performance or just load them back to back?
OK, BOTH of you have pretty new trucks, still under warranty. And, you are having similar problems. Caforddude, I doubt NS ran it at stock for long, probably just long enough to "reboot", so to speak. I'd try that and see what happens.

Regardless, though, I don't like what you're both describing, and I don't have a fix. I doubt it's really a problem with the trucks, or the tunes, but some sort of unforeseen interaction/side effect of mixing the two. It happens in computer programming all the time and CAN be fixed, once the cause is found. It's usually something so simple it's hard to see.

I think Bill needs the exact code number to make sense of this. Can you provide it?

(One more thing for everyone: In engineering, if you don't have failures, you're not advancing and pushing the envelope. No one wants engineering to operate that way).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Wed, February 11th, 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added thought about the role of failure in engineering