View Single Post
Old Sun, May 30th, 2010, 05:58 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

DO get your battery checked out. Even though it's only a year old, it CAN be going bad. With the cable disconnected, you didn't have the 0.05A drain on the battery that a plugged-in Gryphon pulls.

I've posted about "resting voltage" before too. Open your hood when you finish driving for the day so you can get to the battery without opening an doors. At least 8 hours later or after overnight measure the voltage at the battery terminals with a voltmeter. It should show close to 12.7V if the battery is in excellent shape. If it's lower, I think you may have found the problem.

Monitor the battery PID on your Gryphon too, as you drive. If the alternator is good, you should see 13.9-14.2 volts when driving. Anything much less and I'd have the charging circuit checked.

Do you have a pre-04 truck? The "cable issues" were only showing up on those, I think.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer