View Single Post
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Saluki Fan

bskouby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Jack, your right about the high octane not being the greatest. My 87 performance with 87 in the tank beats the 93 canned perf. with 93 in the tank every time. I'm sure Bill could make a custom 93 work even better but I dont need another tune, especially one that will probably cost more for me in the long run. Almost wish I had put my custom in the level 3 position instead of the level 1.

My suspension also gets shaky when I get on a road that is not perfectly smooth. Some are worse than others.
Well, the 93 performance canned tune is long gone. I have a custom 87 performance and a custom 87 tow from Bill. If this is truly a canned tune issue, then the issue is solved. This 87 performance tune is really nice. I never much cared for the canned 93 tune, I actually preferred the canned tow tune. This performance tune from Bill seems to be a blend of both worlds...plenty of guts off the line and will run strong into the upper RPM bands.

I did happen to notice the sticky in the forum about transmission issues, and one guy did have the same basic symptoms and I did. There was mention of a TSB that called for replacing a check ball in the transmission valve body that did the trick, but there wasn't a mention of a TSB number. I do have an extended warranty on the transmission, so if this issues pops up again I might head over to the dealer. It would be helpful to have the actual TSB if possible. I like to be informed *before* I go to the stealership.