View Single Post
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
Also, someone should make note to inform PHP that there are some typos in the manual, if someone hasn't done that already. I read through it last night and found a few errors, from wrong wording to misinformation.

If you look at the tire size calculation scenario, the number in one of the last steps is wrong, making it look like the squish calculation is incorrect (I would be specific but am not looking at it right now).
Step 3, Page 15. The calculation should be: 427.5 + 431.8 (not 27.5 + 431.8)
Step 5, Page 15. The calculation should be: 2699.6 x 0.97 (not 2599.6 x 0.97)

There was another instance I can remember where the word automotive was used in place of automatic (spell check error?)
Page 16 under Standard Shift Points - wording should be: On automatic transmissions...

Think there were at least 1 or 2 more as well.
Page 4, bottom of page - missing words at end of "disclaimer", add: "contact the manufacturer."
Page 5, last "bullet" paragraph under "Limitation of Warranty" - the word "insured" should be "incurred"
Page 8, 2nd line in paragraph under "ALERTS" - misplaced comma. Should be: ... certain value, you...
Page 15, 2nd paragraph: ...tires' circumference... should be ...tire's circumference...
Page 26, just above first "bulleted" paragraph: You will have to change your phone number here.

...<snip....
Thanks, BigSur - these are ones I've found - I'll direct Corey's attention to them.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer