Thread: Tire Size
View Single Post
Old Wed, June 23rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
According to my GPS, I'm over on my odometer approximately 4 miles over a 140 mile ride.....and the speed on the GPS was consistently 1 to 2 mph fast on the Gryphon compared to the GPS. HOWEVER, the mile markers on the interstate made it seems like I was a little under on the odometer!!! I'm going to trust my GPS on this one and scale the TS back I think.

BTW Jack...regarding my shifting issue we spoke about in the other thread, I've confirmed that it's only when there is load on the truck. I had to come up some hills to get to my parents house tonight. On an incline, every shift from 1 to 2 was rough and there was a physical "bump" present from the rear end. I'm not sure if I want to play with the settings on the Gryphon to fix or let my mechanic feel it. Appreciate your write-up though in case I decide to play with it myself.
4 miles in 140 miles is a 2.9% error. Multiply your current TS by 0.971 to correct to the GPS reading.

You shouldn't be in any danger playing with the part throttle shifting yourself. I think I'd REDUCE the 1-2 upshift and downshift by the max (-2) and then maybe add to the Torque Converter unlock/lock speeds by the max for both 1st and 2nd gear. (I'm trying to keep the TC from locking right away so I think values of +2 in 1st and +3 in 2nd might work. Anyway, it's worth a try.

- Jack