View Single Post
Old Sun, July 11th, 2010, 10:42 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'm very sorry to hear about your Sister too, Paw Paw. Not much any of us can do except say that.

I can't help you with the "sluggish" feeling, Possibly you're driving the truck "gently" and it's learned your driving style?

If you let off on the gas, the TC will unlock to save on gas (prevents engine braking). I've always felt my truck "rolls and rolls" when I let up on the gas pedal. It coasts much better than the Nissan I had before. I suspect that's what you noticed in the parking lot.

As to the loss in gas mileage, no ideas at all. Mine varies quite a bit and I can never figure out why. I just know that over time, I average about 15 mpg when I'm not towing. The truck seems to be VERY sensitive to any headwind condition and hill climbs.

I've adopted the spreadsheet approach that I think shotgun talked about in an earlier thread. The spreadsheet is a free download, but it's copyrighted, so I can't just set my version up for download. I modified it quite a bit though, so it keeps track of my towing performance and my non-towing performance separately. I've found it to be very helpful in estimating the travel costs of any trip I have to make.

- Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spreadsheet.jpg (55.0 KB, 6 views)

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer