Thread: GOT 'EM!!!!
View Single Post
Old Fri, August 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Bill USUALLY sets your TS and GR in your custom tune. But, if you open those things in Custom Options, you will NOT see his values! So, the best thing to do is check the Gryphon speed PID against a GPS or check your dash odometer against a measured distance like interstate highway markers - the longer distance the better. Then, there are numerous threads here that talk about how to correct if needed.

The Custom Options menu is NOT a facility to "check" on what values are loaded. It is used to set new values. Please see my Q&A on this confusing feature: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-...ions-menu.html

I suspect Bill set your OD to come on and lock up at the higher speed. That is normal for a "performance tune".

- Jack
Gotcha. I read that you can't load previous settings the first time in, so if I access those items in the menu, I will immediately see placeholder values, correct?

So for TS, I will check it with a GPS first. It it's accurate, I'll just leave it alone. The main reason I wanted to check is I've got a sweet spot number that put me almost dead on over a 180-mile ride. I was hoping I could check what Bill entered to see how close his number is to mine.

That's what I was hoping to hear on the OD b/c I like it. Thanks Jack, as always. Have a good weekend. I'm heading to Cabo San Lucas as we speak. You've been a lot of help to me in the past 2 months, so I will drink one especially for you