View Single Post
Old Tue, February 17th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesTech View Post
Grass Valley huh ? Have tons of family out that way and in the Auburn area ! looks beautiful up there ! need to go soon.

you into wheeling much ?
LOL I have family in the bay area (all over the bay area)
I have a toyota in the shop that's undergoing a back-half/Double triangulated 4 link rear/ wishbone 3-link front/ coilovers front and rear/Dual cases/welded rear/e-locker front/Full exocage/hydrosteering/fenderwell clearancing/turbo/propane... and yes, all at once! It's going to be riding on 39.5" pitbull rockers :omg: You might say I enjoy wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Holy cow! I was born in Grass Valley! Have I already told you that?
Cool! and no you Haven't. For references, I live by rollins lake and Work by the grass valley Airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I believe I mentioned it to Mercedes once upon a time. My Dad was a Mining Engineer with the Empire Star mine network. I can still remember the big stamp mill at the Star. The rolling mills at the Pennsylvania were pretty impressive too, but nothing like the stamp mill and sluice tables at the Star.

I miss my Mom's pasties (Cornish meat pies for those of you who have never had the pleasure). Any "Cousin Jack's" left in that area?

- Jack
I love touring all the local mines and mineshafts, and around here you can find anything from the 1800's to just 30 years ago that they were active.
they're now opening a new branch of the Idaho maryland mines, and a few others out by the gravel pits, but they're much smaller operations.
those mines are keeping our little community a little above neighboring communities when it comes to employment.

Yes, Cousin Jack's is still here! right there on the corner of South Auburn and W. Main st, where they've been for as long as i've known. one of my favorite local meals

P.S. on the original topic- it mostly melted since my first post, and now it's snowing again- HARD. I'll try to get another picture
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.