View Single Post
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Double Whopper

AussieOiler is on a distinguished road
Question Aussie PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O SEA D View Post
Thanks for the reply Dave.
I had a closer look at my PCM bracket today and noticed that the bracket can be removed without taking the PCM out of the truck.
Due to the placement of the PCM on our Aussie trucks and the risk of knocking the exposed chip I think I will leave the bracket as is and just remove the two 7mm bolts and slide the bracket out if I want to reburn my FU chip.
Haven't got the chip yet, but just want to be ready for it when it gets here.
G'day Mate,
I've been lookin' at doing the same thing, but I'm not quite at that point due to wanting to finish other mods.
I'm very interested to see how you go about this.
A couple of questions, when ordering a Chip or Gryphon there is a requirement to submitt the PCM Model/Serial numbers.
Q1: Have pulled the PCM to lift these numbers?
Q2: Is there any need on our RHD models because by just removing the easily accessable bracket they can be seen??

I've had an Evo 2 in my Ftruck for some time now and have been 'sorta' happy with it. It works even better in conjunction with the JWVB that I recently installed.
Of course I returned the Evo 2 to stock settings before the VB install because I'd been running the shift firmness setting on the No+6 setting.
If I'd have left this electronic setting with the JWVB installed it would have jerked the milk out of my coffee.
But I run her for 50km in stock and noticed better shifts than with an OEM VB.
But when I stopped her and programmed it on the Tow Safe +40Hp setting it really did make a difference. Shifts quicker and has a real nice 'clunk' feel as the gears change.
Nothing radical just nice truck like shifts. I also fitted the RiffRaff Fuel Rail Cross Over (RRFx) at the same time.
Now; Why I'm interested in what your doing mate, is that I believe that I can't any longer send in my EVO2 to be upgraded to a Gryphon (not a 100% sure, but I think that's now the case).
If that is indeed the case, I'm in two minds as to either just purchase a Gryphon CS/CTS with a couple of customs,or:
Leave the Evo2 in (Set to Stock Tunning) to continue to read EOT, TFT, Boost & EGTs and put in an FU Chip.
Not sure if this is doable or even doable but not advisable (some boffin will chime in a set me straight for sure..please).
So please keep us updated on how it all turns out mate.
Out of interest, what weight is the Ftruck? What weight are you normally pulling around? What size tyres? What mods have you done in order to get the best out of a PHP Chip?
How much of this did you take into account for ordering your FU Chip tunes?
Sorry about all the questions and being a little long winded, but your the only Aussie 'pioneer' I've been able to locate going for a PHP item.
Cheers, Reg
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).