View Single Post
Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunboy2208 View Post
ok that cleared most of it up.
Just to be sure, leave the gear ratio to 3.73?

I got 1/2 tank of gas left before I start editing the custom tunes.
No! If you have 3.55 gears, that's what you need to put in. You will HAVE to do this yourself, because the Custom Options menu does not know what you have, so it just loads a "common value". Hell, if engine size was one of the settings (it's not) it could default to 4.6L.

Now please, pay attention to what I say:
1. Open Custom Options
2. Set the Gear Ratio to 3.55 and hit [enter].
3. Set your Tire Size to the correct value and hit [enter] (you'll have to figure this out yourself since I don't know what tires you have).
4. Make any other changes you need to make, hitting [enter] after each value you look at or set.
5. Scroll to "Done" and hit [enter] to start programming.
Now, the NEXT time you decide to use the Custom Options menu (after this one), IMMEDIATELY scroll to "Load Previous Settings" and hit [enter] just as soon as you open the menu! This will reset all the values you've customized into the appropriate places. If you want to change anything, you do it AFTER "loading previous settings"!

If you try to do any of this any other way, you will be doing it WRONG! (And if your truck does not work right, you have only yourself to blame.)

- Jack