View Single Post
Old Fri, October 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM
Double Whopper

AussieOiler is on a distinguished road
Default PHP Switch & PCM Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by O SEA D View Post
G'day Reg I'm still lovin the Chip.

I live in Warana so I would say that was me that Corey was talking about.

I did ask Corey about a longer switch cable because I could only get the switch to the centre of the truck and was a bit worried that one of my passengers could switch it when I was going down the road.

I guess that the position I mounted it in will not really pose a problem, it was just that I had seen where everyone in the States were mounting there's and thought it would be best to do the same.

I think I can live with it's position but I guess a longer cable would have been better to limit access more to the driver only.

I notched out a small peice of the PCM bracket (1cm X 2cm)that allows the cable to exit the bracket but that is all I did because I can easily remove the bracket to get at the chip without having to remove the PCM by getting to the 10mm bolt under the bonnet.

Next time I take out the chip I will take some more photos of the bracket for you if you'd like.

Scott
G'day Scott,
I'm really glad to hear that you are over the moon with the FU Chip
The switch pos'n seems ok there. But your point about 'fiddlers' playing with settings could be too much of a temptation.
I'll wait and see when Corey comes up with an availability date for the longer cable. She mentioned late this month. But I'm wanting to order my chip in a couple of weeks to have the delivery arrive home around the same time as I get home from sea at the end of the month.
I have to make a run up to Nanango to see my old man pretty well as soon as I get home (poor old fella is terminal with the big 'C' and not expected to make Christmas). That's a good 5,000km round trip to sort out the Chip over varying terrain and I may be pulling the Rough road van yet. So it would be a very good test with the FU2 6 POs'n and the JWVB.
Pretty well set on: 25hp Extreme Tow, 40hp Heavy Tow, 65hp Medium Tow, 80hp Light tow, 80hp DD & 100hp Perf.
Appreciate the explainations & pics mate. Any more you take will be appreciated.
Cheers fer now,
Reg.
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).