View Single Post
Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Whopper

bigterp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt0645 View Post
i.ve got dual shrouded 16" fans (5000cfm total), ford racing rad, and 180* t-stat. fan controller is set to turn on at 200*ECT (~205*CHT). with this combo i can sit in traffic all day with the fans only kicking on every 5 minutes or so (run 15-30sec and cut off). when i'm moving, CHT never goes over 190* with the fans off, 185* if i turn them on via override switch. (only did once to test)
Sounds like that combo works great. It's pretty similar to what I'm considering from FF Dynamics. I'm gonna do this mod most likely in the spring, but it sounds like I have nothing to worry about with dual 16" 6000cfm total rating fans. Do you have your fans set to come on with the AC?? Did you notice performance improvements with the installation of the e-fans??
Custom Emblem Overlays - Patriot Decals (TERPS) - Krylon Fusion on Tailgate/Door Handles & Stock Fender Flares - 12" Shorty Antenna - Gotts/DVM Mod - DIY Black Headlights - Nightshaded Taillights/3rd Brake Light - XM Radio - SI/DO Magnaflow ExhaustGryphon CS W/ 87, 93 Performance & 87 Tow