View Single Post
Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Whopper Junior

Fido083 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdanos View Post
Ok. So I got home last night and opened the package; not the CS/CTS. I installed the software with the included disk. I then plugged in the tuner with the supplied USB cable to the computer. The tuner screen was red so I guess there was an update or something because after a few steps it turned green and said that it can now be disconnected from the computer. I then installed it in my truck and connected it to the port and didn't have power. So I did just as the manual, which I printed off the website, said and checked the fuse that powers the cigarette lighter. It was burnt so I replaced it with one that I thought was a spare. I then have power to the unit and proceed through the steps to program my truck to the 87 Tow program. I then had to take the truck for a spin to check it out. To my surprise I didn't have any turn signals and my brake lights wouldn't illuminate. So I get back to my home and go throught the manual to find the fuse for the brake lights and turn signals. Well to my surprise the fuse that I thought was a spare was actually the one for the brake lights and turn signals . Lessoned learned. Be extremely cautious when pulling and replacing fuses. I pulled a spare fuse from my other vehicle and everything is good to go now. So far I am pleased with the canned tune and can't wait for my custom tune.
Now your other car doesn't have signals or brake lights!