View Single Post
Old Wed, December 1st, 2010, 08:00 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiertschin View Post
I have a 2005 f150 Fx4 5.4L with a S&B CAI straight pipe exhaust and 33in tires. i just recently bought a Edge for it and put it on just doin some of my own custom settings on the extreme setting, i was wonder if anybody had some good settings to set it on that are safe for the truck and good for like speed bc i like to race my friends sometime just to mess around?

Another question i had is about to edges 0-60 timing, i did the timing on it for my truck and it ran a 6.59 0-60 to me thats pretty fast for my truck faster than i should be i thought does anybody know if the time on it is correct or possibly off somehow? and my tire size and everthing is set correctly.
That 0-60 time does sound kinda quick. What is your tire size and gear ratio?

I'm with 88 on the lean condition, especially since you have an '05. Also, if it is the open element (filter at the end of a pipe) your not really gaining anything over the larger diameter. I made an open element filter for my truck and took it to a certified drag strip. I lost almost a half a second from the first run (with IATs in the 50s and 60s) to later runs where the intake temps were 60+ degrees warmer than ambient. I would try to cover that filter in a shroud similar to the stock one that has a snorkel either going to the front of the truck or into the fender.

As for settings, stay AWAY from timing adjustments more than .5-1 degree without using higher octane fuel. Stay away from shift firmness untill you have a rock solid understanding of what you are doing. Easy to kill drivetrain parts hotrodding with a shift firmness that is messed up.

Your WOT shift points and WOT fuel can be adjusted but read the manual and stickies here BEFORE you make adjustments. Do your research on changes before something breaks because it isn't very useful after. When you are racing your friends you are putting the engine and transmission components through conditions they were not primarily designed for.