View Single Post
Old Fri, January 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARMBOY22 View Post
I was curious how large cc wise an A code injectors can be built. Reason being it seems to me the higher injection pres of the A code would up the mileage and perfromance of an engine even though you would need more oil. Especially if you had a weak pump and were going to replace anyways. Would an 200cc/100% full A code not out perform a hybrid the same size? How much more oil would the A code need?
I am no expert on the subject but with injectors with such a high ratio things slow down. Performance HEUI injectors are all about fuel per time, the higher the ratio the longer it will take to move the fuel because of internal restrictions. This in itself can be harmful to your engine because of the advanced timing needed to deliver a full load of fuel within the "injection window". Hybrid injectors seem to be the better option as they are capable of delivering large quantity of fuel relatively fast, which means less timing, less cylinder pressure, and a much happier engine.

Yes you will loose injection "quality" with lower injection pressures, but gain the speed to deliver more fuel. Another benefit is that big oil systems are not always necessary with the Hybrids, that make it a bit easier on the wallet.