View Single Post
Old Mon, February 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Y'know, it's all in what you're looking for. I reduced my upshift/downshift speeds and torque converter lock/unlock points by the max at each setting. I DON'T stand on the throttle moving away from a stoplight and this seems to get me into and keep me in the higher gears at the right time for my style of driving. Notice this has no effect whatever on WOT shifts, they depend only on RPM when you have the throttle over 90% down.

I left the shift firmness at the settings Bill gave me - they feel good. I increased the max RPM to 5400 since that's the point you start to get torque converter ballooning (I don't want to exceed it, but don't feel bad about being near there for a moment when WOT shifts complete). The max RPM needs to be at least 400 above WOT shift rpm to work right. I left Bill's WOT shift points as he set them.

Just in case I ever get close to 99 mph accidentally, say during passing, I damn sure don't want the truck to "hang up" there, so, I increased the max speed to 110.

Hope this helps.

- Jack