View Single Post
Old Mon, February 23rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by orygunf150 View Post
Or for the Mad Dr. Jr. (that would be you Jack and Janet)... You know how our trucks reduce power when you manually shift to 2nd or 1st? Can that be programmed to go away with a custom tune? It's really annoying. Is there any other way to override this feature?
I don't understand what you're asking here. Are you talking about the "lurch" down that you feel when you downshift using the lever, but haven't increased the gas yet? I know, with a manual, it's easy to feed in the gas full as you let out on the clutch after a downshift so that the power is immediate, but it's not so easy to time it right with an automatic. I can't imagine there'd be any way to eliminate the lurch, but, maybe I'm wrong.

I think though, you could force a 3-2 downshift by stepping on the gas and then, once it's in the new gear, just drop the shifter into 2nd to keep it there. That would avoid any loss of power.

And, you could do the same thing from 2-1.

Oh, and thanks for the "Jr" title. It feels like an honor (totally undeserved).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer