View Single Post
Old Mon, February 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Roseman View Post
In my style of driving, I do like to get on it at the stop but I also like the pull away power from a moving roll or on the interstate. I'm still upgrading so I'm just looking at tuning it myself right now and eventually I am going to let Bill make me some custom tunes. If I'm running 93 octane on the 93 setting theres no use in messing with the timing is there?
I don't think there's a 93 octane tune, but there IS a 91+ octane tune (which tries to be a catchall for anything at or above the 91 octane level. If you use 93 octane gas, I'd try setting the timing to +1 degree (0.5 degrees for each octane point above the tune level). With the engine all warmed up, "stand" on it and listen for ping. If you hear any, back off.

Oh, and Bill would do some other things to optimize your use of 93 octane juice over what YOU can do!

- Jack