View Single Post
Old Mon, February 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Roseman View Post
I've been modding my truck. Currently I have an Aero 3030 SI/DO, AF1 3" intake, 3" level kit, 18" 10 spoke oem rims with BFG's. I'm looking to turbo or supercharge my truck. I've looked at a couple of superchargers but I found a t3/t4 that will supposeably fit on my 06' 5.4L. Has anyone heard of this turbo and what are you suggestions for turbo or supercharging? Also, should I wait to order my custom tunes until after I get done modding?
You can certainly order the programmer, but The tunes will be written for your mods. Bill would be in a better position than any of us to tell you the effect of running a custom tune, written for the mods, on a non-modded truck. OR - the effect of running canned tunes (which is what you get when your programmer arrives) on a truck that is in "transition" - going through a "modding" process.

Personally, I'd place the order. Let Bill tell you if it's safe to run a canned tune as mods are added. You can always use it as a monitor in Level 0 (stock tune) if it's not safe.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer