View Single Post
Old Tue, February 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Whopper

CustomTruckGuy24 is on a distinguished road
New Truck, Any help appreciated :)

Hey all, I have been working my tail off for a few years now (17yrs old) and I finally bought my truck about two weeks ago. 2004 f150 extended cab xlt
2wd 5.4 L and Arizona Beige in color. I got an amazing deal on the truck and its mint only 36,5xx miles on it, one owner. I have been estimating my mileage and it it looks like about 12 or so. This is just around town cause i go from home to highschool and home to work. Now I DO NOT drive hard at all, barely go over 1900rpm accelerating and usually maintain 1200rpm or below when driving the local roads, no speeding. I'm trying to give you guys as much info as possible to help me. I am hoping to put on a 14" magnaflow si/do in the spring and was thinking about a CAI, but after reading a few posts by some of you guys and Bill, it looks like my driving style would not warrant the intake. If this is the case, it would allow me to purchase a tuner from PHP sooner, and hopefully increase my MPG. I am curious about the tuner and would like to purchase one eventually if it seems like a good investment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

~John~