View Single Post
Old Thu, March 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
I pretty much drive by the instant economy. Kinda like one of those vacuum "Econo-Mizer" gauges they used to sell It's not so important what the actual number is, I just try to keep it as high as possible. On my truck, it's amazing how much less fuel it uses at a steady 55 than above 60.
YES! But - I've posted this before. When I added the Gotts Mod, I found I could get about the same gas mileage in the 70 MPH range that I used to only get at 55-60. (Of course that lower speed mileage went up too.) Why? I don't really know.

I also believe you can get better mileage if you don't use the speed control on the highway, because it will try to keep you at your set speed going downhill and then will use more gas going uphill rather than using the energy gained in the downhill "coast". But again, I'm lazy, so I tend to use the speed control.

- Jack