Thread: Need Some Help
View Single Post
Old Mon, April 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Whopper

kmgordo99 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Some Help

Hey everybody,

I'm having a few problems, for lack of a better word, with my Gryphon. I have a '04 F150 with a 4.6. No mods and no custom tunes. Truck has 58,xxx miles on it. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about PHP, whether it be their products or their customer service, but I need to figure out a few things that seem to be going on with my truck.

1.) I bought the programmer back in December, and have been running the canned 93 performance tune with 93 octane that has no ethanol added. I have been getting 15.6 mpg overall from the time I put the programmer in to... this morning. Put about 1700 miles on 50/50 highway and in town with the 93 performance and 93 octane. I didn't think it was that great so I returned to stock today. I drove 6 miles each way to work today, and got 19.4 mpg in town with heavy traffic and many stop lights. I'm due to clean the intake, TB, and sensor. Also need to replace the front o2 sensors. Is there something else that could be going on that would put me down so much?

2.) Seem to be having some pretty good shifting problems. When I'm doing about 30mph and let off the gas for a minute, when I go to hit it again it down shifts really hard. I drove a 5-speed for 6 years before getting into an automatic, so I thought that maybe I just wasn't used to automatic shifting. Returned to stock today and couldn't get it to buck no matter what I did.

3.) This may just be me being weird, but my motor sounds the exact same no matter how hard I'm hitting it. If I'm doing 30 it sounds the same as when I'm pump it to get around someone on the highway.

I'm not trying to complain or downgrade my Gryphon at all. Just looking for some help and suggestions

Thanks for reading my short novel