Thread: more sputtering
View Single Post
Old Mon, May 16th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Whopper

stlhrse is on a distinguished road

Jack, I am fully aware of what the knock sensor does and how it works. I think Cody understands what I am trying to do, and what my goals are. I've been building engines and doing mechanic work for 20+ years, as well as I'm also a Mechanical Engineer, and a little bit of ping, although certainly not a good thing, is not going to "destroy" my engine. What did performance minded people do before knock sensors, way back in 2002? Or the stone ages way back when when cars had distributors that you actually had to turn to advance the timing......Stop being dramatic, and now I'll politely ask you to keep your opinions to yourself and but out. Custom tunes are not sacred cows. Cody made the comment the other day that he was getting close to stock timing curves on my old tune, so I expected that his timing curve on this new file might be a little conservative. So I upped the timing, and have been very pleased with the results. Let me be clear, you don't need to know what my goal really is. You're not the tuner.

Cory, please let me know if it's possible to lock out the knock sensor's adjustment. By the way, I expect that the timing that is added to the tuner when I modify the tune is a global modifier, that adds 5 degrees to the whole curve, correct?

Thanks,
Doug