Thread: more sputtering
View Single Post
Old Mon, May 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK, this will be my last post.

Doug, I understand exactly what timing does. I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, about 2 quarters short of an additional degree in Mechanical Engineering (from Georgia Tech) and a Masters in Computer Science. I taught courses in computer programming and embedded systems design for 20 years. I've been playing with cars since the late 50s. I have a TINY bit of knowledge here.

A 5 degree advance in a custom tune sounds like the wrong approach to me. However, I've been wrong in the past and am quite willing to be proven wrong here. I've got no "stake" in this. It's your truck and only YOU know what's really happening with it. I didn't think I was being "dramatic", but I tend to err on the cautious side.

I wish you well. I will only reenter this thread as a Moderator. (And, you are free to post a last word, telling me again to kindly butt out (go to hell?)).

- Jack