View Single Post
Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 04:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And, the dealer would not flash your PCM for the P1000 code. That code is also set if you disconnect the battery (when the vehicle is on the stock tune). You could always say you had the battery disconnected if you were ever asked about it. The P1000 code should go away when you complete the "drive cycle" process, but this could take quite a while, based on my experience. This is why you should NEVER put your truck back to stock when you go for an emissions test. The P1000 code will cause you to fail.

The tunes in the Gryphon keep the P1000 code from happening, so it will disappear as soon as you retune your truck.

And, the whole bit about having a programmer is moot anyway if your truck is out of warranty. There's no real need to "hide" it from them. Mostly, I take my programmer out when the truck goes to the dealer to keep them from playing with it. And if you don't set the truck to stock and they DO reflash the PCM, it will cost you more to get your Gryphon "unlocked", so ALWAYS return to stock before going to a dealer.

Oh, I'd remove the OBD wire, in case they find it and throw it away, since it won't be connected to anything.

I hope all this makes sense.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer