Thread: more sputtering
View Single Post
Old Wed, May 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Double Whopper

PhqChevys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlhrse View Post
I read the other threads on this issue. Mine is an 05 FX4, and it mainly does it at part throttle cruising whether on the highway or on city streets. I also have tried going back to the stock tune, and the problem goes away. There cannot possibly be anything wrong with my truck if the problem goes away with the stock tune. Also, my converter lock up is lock out until around 80 mph so I know it's not that. It feels almost like a dead miss or not getting enough fuel because the truck just noses over and sputters. If I let off and get back in it, it's ok, but it's incredibly annoying. I've tried a few times to call, but can't seem to catch anyone during phone support hours. I'm fully aware that they are busy, but ......

I'm starting to get a little irritated because I asked for an update to my 87 performance custom tune about a month after I got it, and waited almost two months to get the updated tune. Again, I know they're busy, but may be a good time to hire additional staff to support the amount of business they have. I assume I could go back to the edge canned tunes, but I paid extra for the gryphon, plus the cost of the tunes, and I want a product that is much better than the canned tunes, not just slightly better or about the same, but different. I would like Bill or someone to help me work this out so I can be happy that I spent the extra money to get a gryphon.
I am having the same problem with my truck. My truck does the sputtering with all my custom tunes (87 tow, 87 performance, and 93 performance) but runs perfect on the stock tune and the canned tunes. I'm also thinking about abandoning my custom tunes and reloading the canned tunes. I thought that it was just my truck until I found these threads on PHP's forum. It actually makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one...

Keep us posted! If Bill finds the cure, sign me up for the antidote!!