View Single Post
Old Tue, July 5th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Bacon King

DarrenWS6 is on a distinguished road
Default Traded in '04, have '07 Lariat, swapping Gryphon to new truck questions.

Hello there folks, I've been a stray the past few months, well big stuff has happened. Part of that big stuff is I traded in my old '04 XLT Supercab for a '07 Supercrew Lariat. Kept the wheels/tires and Gryphon. Of coarse returned the 04 to stock. I want to add it to the '07 but have some questions.

Firstly, what all will I need to do to get it changed over for the new truck in a '87 tune? Send in an application stating what I want? I already have the old programmer and all. Hex and Serial # available of coarse.

Second, Should I do the minor performance modifications first? I am only planning a DWV intake mod and chopping the OEM Y pipe for a Magnaflow #10778 Y pipe which basically eliminates the restriction of the OEM pipe, and to run a single 3" pipe to a 3" Borla muffler and 2.5" tailpipes.

I also plan to add on the 33"x12.5"/20 Mud Terrains I had on the old truck to this one but am kind of scared to for the rear end and transmissions sakes. The gears are 3.73 open, not LSD unfortunately, old truck was 3.73 LSD. Will it move fine? I also feel that aside of my 'hot doggin driving' as seen in some of my Youtube videos.. ( ) that the transmission in my old truck developed a minor slip. I don't plan to whoop on this truck and it has barely ever towed so I am hoping that the trans in this truck will handle 33s on 3.73s fine? I had heard that the 04/05 3v 5.4Ls were mated to a 'weaker' transmission than what is in the '06/'08 trucks, is this accurate? I am hoping so. Stock to stock, this 2007 Lariat seems A LOT quicker, actually very much, than how my 2004 felt, and almost equivalent to how smooth and quick it moved tuned on 33s. I have about figured out what I want in a tune for this one so I hope it will work.

Advice for all of my question areas? Greatly appreciated.

Also, are the tune return times about the same as they were in '09/'10? ( 1 month or so? )

And also how about adding an update for a modification, say I do exhaust and order the tune, 5 months later I do the DWV mod, will it cost me the price of a tune to update my file?

And a couple pics of my new truck.

Trade in day.