View Single Post
Old Wed, July 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

All the programmers (Gryphon, Evolution, CS, and CTS) have the capability to read the P1000. The question is whether or not the P1000 DTC has been disabled in the calibration. In most cases, the P1000 was shut off to avoid the annoyance of the DTC and also prevent unnecessary tech calls about what the P1000 DTC was. However, this does not affect the system self tests for the OBDII monitors. Those will continue to function as normal, so if the monitors continue to come back as "Not Ready" then there is a problem with one or more emissions related systems.

I will say that performing a drive cycle to reset the monitors can be extremely difficult. There are very specific guidelines that need to be adhered to and sometimes it can take days of driving to get the monitors to clear. With specific fuel levels, temperatures, drive speeds and drive cycles that need to be met, it can be quite a pain. I do think that after 500 miles of driving, if the system hasn't cleared itself then there really is a problem with the vehicle. Unfortunately, OBDII monitors aren't something that can be forced, faked, or bypassed.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!