View Single Post
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Be A Saint

lynn2437 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
The enduring great thing in this Country, Lynn, is that we are free to voice our thoughts. I respect your opinion and am willing to accept that there are no pat answers. You and I and your Wife and countless others have sworn to protect and defend this freedom. It is NOT "unpatriotic" to disagree, in fact, I would argue that it is unpatriotic to blindly agree.

I am a registered Republican, who, in 2000, would have happily voted for John McCain. But, I was not given that choice, so I voted for Al Gore. In 2004, I voted for John Kerry, and, last year I voted for President Obama.

I also voted for Ronald Reagan, who used to be a Democrat, but stated that his Party had deserted him. I feel much the same about the GOP.

Yes, we are on the same team, and, we can disagree.

The next four years will be interesting, to say the least, and I look forward to seeing what happens. I remain hopeful.

Peace, Brother!

- Jack
I agree about the feeling of desertion and I remain stubbornly optimistic about the resurgence of the conservative voice. My stubborness probably comes from youthful exuberence, but with age comes wisdom and I could change my mind on a large amount of things.

I also want to say thanks for a well mannered discussion on our disagreement. That is one reason that I like this forum. Just because we don't see eye to eye on certain things doesn't mean we can't get along and learn from each other passions. To many people are too quick to fly in to a rage over other people's opinions.

Take care
-Lynn